Recurring bad breath could be a sign of oral health failure. Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is the product of a nasty or foul odor emanating from your mouth. It is often caused by deficient oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a crucial role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– If you have an undisclosed disease such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to eliminate most standard forms of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
– Plaque buildup that lingers in your mouth can cause bad breath.
– Bad breath can be accredited to poor oral hygiene habits such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Medications that produce dry mouth symptoms can lead to bad breath.
– Countless diseases and illnesses cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
Come speak with Ohio Urgent Dental Care to learn which bad breath treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Steven W. Huber, DDS and our team at our dentist office in Grove City, Ohio, simply give us a call at 614-875-7070. Thanks for visiting with a smile!