4050 Gantz Road
Grove City, OH 43123

appointment btn
Call Today: 614-875-7070

What should I do if my tooth cracks, chips, or breaks?

Did you know that your tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body? Even so, your teeth can experience injuries and accidents that cause damage. If your tooth is damaged by a crack, chip, or break, we encourage you to contact us at Ohio Urgent Dental Care as soon as possible. We also welcome walk-ins, and we are dedicated to treating you as soon as possible. Until you can come to our office, we suggest you follow these measures to relieve pain and prevent further damage:

  • If you experience pain because of your cracked, chipped, or broken tooth, take acetaminophen (Tylenol┬«) or another over-the-counter pain reliever.
  • If the tooth has a sharp or jagged edge because of the break, cover it with a piece of sugarless chewing gum or wax paraffin to prevent it from cutting your tongue, lips, or cheek.
  • If you need to eat before your appointment at our office, eat soft foods and avoid biting down with the broken tooth.

How can I fix a cracked, chipped, or broken tooth?

If you have a cracked, chipped, or broken tooth in Grove City, Ohio, our experienced dentists will provide you with a high-quality restoration to return your smile to optimal health. Dr. Steven W. Huber and Dr. Samuel R. Pelkey and associates may recommend a crown, dental bonding, filling, or another form of restoration. For more information and to set up your next visit, we invite you to contact us today!

showcase1 showcase2 showcase3