What is a dental cleaning and exam?
A dental cleaning and exam is one of the most basic yet important steps you can take in maintaining a healthy smile. We will perform a thorough dental cleaning and exam during your first visit to Ohio Urgent Dental Care, as well as during each subsequent checkup appointment. Your dental exam and teeth cleaning in Grove City, Ohio will include:
- An examination of your teeth, checking for signs of tooth decay and damage
- A periodontal (gum) evaluation, checking for signs of periodontal disease
- An oral cancer screening
- A check of your existing dental restorations (fillings, crowns, bridges, etc.) to evaluate the need for maintenance or repairs
- A thorough removal of plaque and tartar from your teeth
- A tooth polishing for a bright, healthy smile
Our caring dentists will then recommend any dental treatments you may need to improve your oral health.
How often should I go to the dentist?
We encourage you to visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. This allows us to ensure that your smile is in optimal health. We also urge you to contact us if you experience a dental emergency or if you notice any dental pain. Dr. Huber, Dr. Pelkey and Dr. Shumway are committed to providing you with efficient, gentle, and high-quality dental care. Call us today to learn more!